Matthew A. Flory, DC, CCFP
Click here to read Dr. Flory's health blog ...
"Returning 2 Health"
As a doctor practicing Functional Medicine, Dr. Flory specializes in and truly enjoys holistically treating inflammation and inflammation-related complaints because of the profound improvement his patients experience in their conditions which were previously unsatisfactorily treated with standard medical protocols. By utilizing Functional Medicine’s unique diagnostic procedures and largely natural treatment methods, with a focus on the cutting edge science of Methylation and Nutrigenomics, Dr. Flory can become the ‘Health Detective’ you might wish your family doctor would be.
Inflammation is associated with and sometimes results in conditions such as (partial list):
The list above represents merely a few of the people he can assist in returning to health. The Institute for Functional Medicine on their webpage defines Functional Medicine as,
Dr. Flory has committed the last 16 years of his life to identifying and implementing natural methods, nutritional remedies and lifestyle modifications that offer safe, effective and clinically-proven ways of regaining health, function and quality of life. Any treatment or recommendations offered are backed by scientific literature.
Dr. Flory has 13 years of experience as a practitioner of NUCCA Spinal Correction. NUCCA’s research organization is best known for producing a study demonstrating what practicing NUCCA Doctors knew for a long time … the gentle NUCCA correction protocols helped reduce blood pressure. In fact so much as to equal two commonly prescribed medications together (Journal of Human Hypertension 2007 (May);21(5):347–352). However, its effects on blood pressure are due to an overall soothing or calming of hyperactive nerve tone and the systemic dysfunction that ensues, which we unfortunately acquire as part of life due to daily stressors, accidents and injuries.
“Hyperactivity and ‘anxiety’ of the nerves leads to hyperactivity and ‘anxiety’ of whatever
tissues they are controlling … for instance your leg muscle, your back/neck
muscles, your GI or colon, or your blood vessels…”
Dr. Flory utilizes QSM3 due to its gentle nature, superb level of global postural correction and relief from pain and resticted motion. These are attained by correcting structural imbalances set up by tension-restricted soft tissues. In other words, tendons, ligaments and fascia, when injured, contract or otherwise ‘lock’ via cellular hormonal defense mechanisms. This, in turn, causes increased stress and pressure on sensitive tissues in various compensating body regions. Rather than being a forceful, heavy, manipulative procedure it is a process of gently releasing contracted, tight tissue which in turn promotes normal motion, posture and feeling better.
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
* 1994-1996 Coe College/Cedar Rapids, IA- Pre-Med/Human Biology Major
* 1996-1997 Purdue University/Ft. Wayne, IN- Pre-Med/Human Biology Major
* 1998-2000 Logan College - Bachelor of Science/Human Biology
* 1998-2001 Logan College - Doctor of Chiropractic
* 2006 Take Shape for Life Health Professional Certification
* 2012-present Completing Diplomate Board Certification in Internal Disorders
* 2012-present Completing Diplomate Board Certification in Clinical Nutrition
* 2013-2014 Certification in Family Practice ACA Diagnosis & Internal Disorders
* 2013-present Member Quantum Spinal Mechanics International Association
* 2014 Certified DOT Medical Examiner
* 2014 Certificate in Functional Medicine – Advanced Diagnostics & Laboratory Testing
* 2014 Certificate in Functional Medicine – Endocrinology (with focus on
Adrenal, Thyroid, Insulin Resistance & Diabetes)
* 2014 Certificate in Functional Medicine – Male & Female Hormones